Re: [joel%carnat.net@localhost: could not load wpi firmware]

On Sun, 6 Jan 2008, Joel CARNAT wrote:
It seems that wpi firmware is not loadable anymore on my Dell XPS M1330 since 4.99.46. The last working install I had was 4.99.40/i386. I was told on /amd64 that a T61 is working with 4.99.46 so this is possibly an issue with the M1330 rather than the whole wpi driver.

The error is: "wpi0: fatal firmware error".

Possibly a silly question - are you sure the transmitter is on? This is the error you get if it's off and you attempt to ifconfig up the interface. Is there a physical switch on the device?

--
Stephen