Re: help with bluetooth

On Tue, Jan 01, 2008 at 10:19:06PM +0000, Iain Hibbert wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jan 2008, Dieter Baron wrote:
>
> > > is the bluetooth internal? if usb what kind of usb does it have? There
> > > have been problems in the past with ehci buses. can you show the dmesg?
> >
> >   dmesg is attached.  It's internal, though connected via uhub2 @
> > uhci2.
>
> Hm, though it seems ehci is involved somehow (I'm not sure of the
> relationship) and there seems some USB trouble in ugensa later..

[...]

> So. things to try
>
> 1. "btconfig ubt0 ptype 0x0018" - I don't know why but some devices seem
>     to require this or something like. It limits the air packets to the
>     bare minimum that its mandatory to support rather than what the device
>     claims to support.

  Yes, thank you, that helped.  I can now send an sdpquery, create a
DUN connection, get files via obexftp and send files via obexapp.

[...]

> 5. You could try for incoming connections by setting up comms/obexapp and
>    attempt to send something from the phone to the computer.

  This, however, I cannot get to work.  I tried

# obexapp -ds -C 10

but the phone could not find any device when trying to send a note.
Any hints on this one?  Or how to get notes via obexftp?  As far as I
can tell, obexftp can only access items located in the phone's Gallary
(images, sounds; but not notes or contacs).

                                        yours,
                                        dillo