Re: Where does 8.0/amd64's X server get resolution from?

On Wed, May 06, 2020 at 06:14:44PM -0400, Mouse wrote:

> The result helps, somewhat.  With that xorg.conf, it runs 1280x1024 if
> the monitor is connected at X server startup time even if it wasn't at
> boot time.  Unfortunately it still does not make it run 1280x1024 if
> the monitor is not connected at X server startup time.

Then we must go into uncharted area, I think - there is a couple of
options that might help us:

In section "Monitor":

Option "IgnoreEDID" "true" - probably it leads to two more options
                             then, according to expected parameters:

HorizSync xx.x - yy.y
VertRefresh xx.x - yy.y

If it doesn't help then adding to "Device" section (see intel(4)):

Option "NoDDC" "true"

should be sufficient.

Regards,
--