Re: Where does 8.0/amd64's X server get resolution from?

On Wed, May 06, 2020 at 01:55:21PM -0400, Mouse wrote:
[...]
> This can, in a sense, be fixed up after the fact with RandR requests
> (such as are issued by xrandr commands).  I am prepared to resort to
> that if necessary, but it would be significantly more convenient to
> have a way to make the X server start in 1280x1024 regardless of what
> is or isn't connected at X start, or was or wasn't connected at boot.

A something like a following xorg.conf shouldn't be sufficient?

Section "Device"
    Identifier    "Configured Video Device"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier    "Configured Monitor"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier    "Default Screen"
    Monitor       "Configured Monitor"
    Device        "Configured Video Device"
    DefaultDepth    24
    SubSection "Display"
        Depth     24
        Modes     "1280x1024"
    EndSubSection
EndSection

I got that sample from random comment from net, but - as far i can
see - it is a valid example.

Best regards,
--
Piotr 'aniou' Meyer