Re: Proposal: remove usr.bin/mkstr

Am Sat, Apr 09, 2022 at 10:49:55PM +0700 schrieb Robert Elz:
>   | Therefore I don't see any reason to keep it.
>
> And I have seen no reason to remove it.  Not even a hint of one.

It is clearly meant as a hack to workaround limitations of an
architecture that went out of service a quarter decade ago.

We have better mechanisms at hand that serve the same purpose (message
catalogs, for example). It is not used. It very likely fails in fun way
on real world programs.

Sorry, but while I can see a point for moving it to src-museum, wtf is
this still being installed on most NetBSD systems?

Joerg