Re: Proposal: remove usr.bin/mkstr

> [mkstr] is clearly meant as a hack to workaround limitations of an
> architecture that went out of service a quarter decade ago.

More relevant here, I think, is that it is a kludgy way of doing
something that now is commonly done - and done properly - by the
compiler itself.  What motivated it and whether that thing is now out
of service (which I'm not convinced the PDP-11 is, wholly) are of minor
import compared to its current utility, I would say.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign