Re: Proposal to drop MKCATPAGES

    Date:        Mon, 26 Oct 2020 15:52:45 +0000
    From:        David Holland <dholland-tech%netbsd.org@localhost>

  | I was thinking in lam itself, like this:

Oh, in that case I misunderstood.

  | (after all, sed has something similar)

Yes, but its needs are different, as it can read all of that
from a file, not just from the arg list.

  | I made it specifically recognize only \n and \t (and not \\ or
  | anything else) to minimize the chances of it breaking anything.

Given that we now have (since at least NetBSD 8) the ability to
easily generate any of these chars from the shell, I wouldn't
go adding magic support for them in anything that doesn't already
have that, at least for processing arg strings.   So, I'd prefer
it if you abandoned that patch.

kre