Re: Proposal to drop MKCATPAGES

    Date:        Sun, 25 Oct 2020 01:38:16 +0000
    From:        David Holland <dholland-tech%netbsd.org@localhost>

  | (what are the odds that anyone
  | on a slow machine will ever look at lam(1)?)

I must admit that I'd never looked at lam(1) - on any speed of machine.

But when I did just now, just for the thrill of it, I see ...

     [...] To merge the lines from four
     different files use

           lam file1 -s "\
           " file2 file3 file4

which cannot be right, that would be equivalent to

	   lam file1 -s "" file2 file3 file4

and if that's what was intended, it would make much more sense
to just write that.   More likely a string containing just a newline
is what is wanted, in which case the '\' MUST be omitted.

The proverbial someone should fix that.

I still have no real idea what lam actually does, and am far to lazy
to go experiment and find out, but just from that man page read, I
suspect that perhaps that -s should also be -S (but that's speculation).

kre