Re: Proposal to drop MKCATPAGES

On Sun, Oct 25, 2020 at 02:03:43AM +0100, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
 > I bet that cat(1) is always faster, but I consider myself as the only
 > regular (at all?) user of these pages at least since since 6.x and
 > nobody caring.

Also, if we do have a platform where it's too slow and anyone actually
cares, the right answer is really not to spend a gob of disk space
generating all the pages in advance (what are the odds that anyone
on a slow machine will ever look at lam(1)?) but to teach man about
caching.

That is: I agree, fire away.

--
David A. Holland