Re: NetBSD volunteering (WiFi browser, NPF Web UI)

On 18/05/2015 21:25, David Young wrote:
> The upshot of all this is that RSSI may be somewhat useful to put access
> points into order from highest to lowest signal strength.  It is less
> useful for making quantitative comparisons in bars, percents, decibels,
> or whatever unit you prefer.  I wouldn't count on it as an absolute
> measurement of anything unless you have performed your own calibration.

Regardless, Open and FreeBSD report similar dBm values on the same
laptop to my Windows pc next to me. There is a little variation between
the numbers.

So what are we doing differently to cause such disparity on the same
hardware? That is what I'm trying to ascertain with the limited wireless
hardware I have atm.

Roy