Re: A log monitoring tool

On Mon, Jan 02, 2012 at 08:56:51PM +0100, Julio Merino wrote:
 > > I came across this project on the wiki:
 > > http://wiki.netbsd.org/projects/project/logwatch/ and it seemed
 > > interesting to me. I recently took a course on machine learning so I
 > > am thinking to look into this project in the coming days.
 >
 > A bit of digging through CVS history, David A. Holland added this
 > project proposal on March 2nd, 2008 (see rev 1.48 of the deleted
 > soc-projects.xml in htdocs).
 >
 > I'd suggest contacting him directly to see what other ideas he had about
 > this project.  After reading the very short description myself, it looks
 > like a research proposal (i.e. non-trivial, but probably interesting).

That's about right; it's not really research (it's more about applying
current research in machine learning) but it's not trivial. Also, the
first thing to do is go find out what other people have done along the
same lines. I think there has been some since I originally wrote that.

I'm not qualified to advise it though :-/

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost