Re: disklabel(8) allows addressing non-existent space

On 12/30/11 3:43 AM, Julian Djamil Fagir wrote:
> Imho the current way of having to deal with an editor and a calculator, or
> the interactive mode and eventually creating an invalid label without further
> warning is imho somewhat... unintuitive.

Why do you need a calculator?  I used to think that it was required
until I discover that you can specify sizes in non-sector sizes, starts
of partitions after other existing partitions and sizes of partitions
that extend all the remaining space.  You need to use the interactive
mode for this, but it is pretty decent these days!

--
Julio Merino / @jmmv