Re: Adding asm examples

On 11/11/11 9:00 PM, David Holland wrote:
Erm, I missed (that is, looked at but failed to register) the part
where they were going to get installed in /usr. That doesn't
necessarily seem like a great idea...

And, obviously, I think the opposite. These examples are not related to the NetBSD source tree. They are something that is supposed to be shipped with NetBSD, to be used as support material for proper documentation (which we could ideally have in the form of manpages, pointing to the relevant sample files from the examples section).

What you are basically saying is that, in order to use these examples, you must have the source tree. That does not seem like a great idea because you should be able to use the examples without ever wanting to build NetBSD itself: they are intended for the end user or developer of third-party applications, not for the developer of the system. (We could as well not install the manpages because, well, you can read them from the source tree too. Or we could get rid of /usr/share/misc/operator again?)