Adding asm examples

Hello,

I would like to add some trivial, heavily-commented assembly code examples to /usr/share/examples/asm/. The goal of these examples would be to illustrate platform-specific stuff rather than teach the assembly language itself (but this would be a side-effect anyway). For instance, a "hello world" example would show how to craft an ELF file and how to perform a couple of system calls according to the platform conventions. There could be another example showing the C->ASM call protocol.

The reason I'm proposing this is because, out of pure curiosity, I've started learning PowerPC assembly and such examples could come very handy. (Books teach you the general assembly language but not how that is put in practice in a specific platform/assembler... and 'gas' is quite... special.) I found some sample code in the old wiki, but it would be much more useful if it were in the tree.

These teeny-tiny examples would come with a Makefile ready for use and some trivial tests to ensure that the sample code builds and runs on the platforms that implement the specific tests.

Comments / objections?

Thanks!