Re: swap-on-raidframe vs raidctl -P

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Couldn't raidframe just register a shutdown hook (or whatever it's
> called now) that would forcibly close devices ? I guess at the time
> shutdown hooks are run, filesystems have already been unmounted, isn't
> it ?

Yes, I believe that filesystems are unmounted before shutdownhooka are
called.  This is part of the problem, because you can have swap on raid
on vnd on a file system, and the unmount will happen too early.  See
<http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2005/05/09/0001.html> for my
proposal from 2005.

--apb (Alan Barrett)