Re: The essential problems of moving from CVS

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 01:59:35PM -0500, D. Richard Hipp wrote:
> I suppose my biggest concern with Fossil and NetBSD is how Fossil
> might scale.  We use Fossil on projects with a 1GB or larger
> check-out and with thousands and thousands of files.  But I didn't
> really design fossil for truly huge projects.  How big is NetBSD?

Working copy of src is around 1.7GB with 267k files and 40k directories.
Working copy of pkgsrc is around 334MB with 99k files and 27k
directories.

> How large is your CVS repository?

A cvs2svn trace of src from a while ago ended up with round 240k revisions.
The src tree itself is 3.9GB. The pkgsrc tree on the other hand is
913MB.

> How many check-ins do you do per day?

Typically a few dozen for each.

> How many developers do you have?

Maybe 20-30 developers with regular commits (e.g. typically at least one
commit per week).

Joerg