Re: The essential problems of moving from CVS

kjOn Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 12:41:38PM +0100, Frank Thieme wrote:
> On 01/18/10 09:45, bharder wrote:
> >C-based, self-contained, single-binary option for consideration:
> >www.fossil-scm.org
> >
> Never heard of it, and I can't reach the website right now, but it needs
> sqlite. At least that seems very portable...

It doesn't need an installation of sqlite to work, though: it ships w/
sqlite3 src and statically builds on it.

e.g.:
oxford$ ldd `which fossil`
/usr/local/bin/fossil:
        -lc.12 => /usr/lib/libc.so.12
        -lz.1 => /usr/lib/libz.so.1

Indeed re: sqlite, drh (Richard Hipp) is the principle author of both
sqlite and fossil, and the sqlite sources have been hosted on fossil
for a few months themselves (converted from it's ~9.5 year-old CVS repo
(see: http://www.fossil-scm.org/index.html/doc/tip/www/stats.wiki).

Regarding site being offline -- I did notice the same after I sent my

I've cc:'d drh, guessing he might be interested in at least watching
fossil (potentially) being considered for such a sizeable project as
NetBSD, and perhaps commenting on it's suitability.

-bch

--

Brad Harder,
Method Logic Digital Consulting