Re: bulk building platorm names: please adjust or explain why I'm confused

* On 2024-07-17 at 15:49 BST, Taylor R Campbell wrote:

If there are any other variable suggestions I would strongly encourage
them to be proposed now given the very long delay, at least for NetBSD
builds, between making the change and it being active in reports.

Why is there a long delay between pbulk changes and when they manifest
in the NetBSD bulk build reports?

It requires rebuilding pbulk for whatever prefix you are using to manage the bulk build, and my guess (although it is just that) is that these aren't done often, perhaps only once when a new build is configured.

I do this automatically as part of my build infrastructure, so my reports at least will have them included very soon (at least once git has caught up).

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com