Re: pkg-config difference when run in pkgsrc vs normal run?

сб, 6 июл. 2024 г., 15:53 Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost>:
Andrew Randrianasulu <randrianasulu%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> found this old message:
>
> https://pkgsrc-users.netbsd.narkive.com/ycVD0pte/pkg-config-doesn-t-find-stuff-when-trying-to-create-my-own-pkgsrc-lldpd-package
>
> so I just replaced pkg-config script in .tools with symlink to
> /usr/pkg/bin/pkg-config (in itself symlink).

This doesn't make sense.  You can't say that a package is ok while
needing to munge things under .tools half way through the build.

Hm, yes, but this at least enables me to complete build and see what was added to PLIST etc ... I honestly do not know how to debug pkgsrc.

I see it uses file mk/tools/pkg-config.mk and this file uses TOOLS_SCRIPT_DFLT define and this lives somewhere in ./mk/tools/create.mk or ./mk/tools/bsd.tools.mk but there I am a bit lost.

> I wonder how  pkgsrc-wip package should be synced when there is pkgsrc
> update?

Generally, we remove things from wip when they are hoisted to pkgsrc,
unless they are actively being worked on for improvements

> Because I actually run this package from /usr/pkgsrc tree, and copy it from
> VM to host where I update pkgsrc-wip git tree and push it .... so each time
> I do "pkgin update" in VM I risk to break my package :)

You will have to figure that out yourself :-)  Basically using binary
packages and source both is tricky.

You probably should just be running git on the host (vm, whatever) where
you are building from wip.  Copying things into a git working tree is
bad practice.