Re: maintaining bulk-{small,medium,large}

On Thu, Sep 14, 2023 at 08:40:48AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
 > > Note that bulk-medium also includes xemacs (via xemacs-packages) and I
 > > don't propose to change that.
 >
 > Does anybody use xemacs?  If not, I don't see why we should include it.

Apparently.

 > > Proposal: change bulk-small to have python 3.10 and drop explicit
 > > listing of python in bulk-medium.
 >
 > Agree with wiz: just depend on the default, and better yet consider
 > py-certbot and a comment that this forces python.

py-certbot requires rust...

 > > 3. Fortran. Currently bulk-small includes f2c as a dep of
 >
 > Agreed to drop.   medium perhaps should have py-numpy with a comment
 > that this forces python.

It contains blas/lapack. numpy takes long enough to build I don't
think it ought to be in -medium. But it probably should be in -large,
and isn't.

 > The licensing is not actually a mess [...]
 > [...] some people are upset aout ghostscript-agpl

Which? :-p

 > Proposal: put print/ghostscript (not -agpl/-gpl) in medium.   That
 > respects the mk.conf knobs.

Right, that should have been obvious...

 > Someone(tm) should write a tool that does this, but I think it's "do
 > pbulk and check".

make print-build-depends-list will reveal it, but it's ugly to work
with.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost