Re: armv6 support for rust?

On Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 07:02:23PM +0000, John Klos wrote:
 > > Thank you. Are you using an armv6 kernel? I'm surprised it's
 > > possible to virtualize.
 >
 > I'm not familiar with the detailed differences between earmv6 and earmv7,
 > but I haven't heard of anything like the issues with missing instructions
 > when trying to run earmv4 / earmv5 on earmv7.

I am hardly an expert on arm stuff, but I have run into this
particular point (v6/v7 differences) and as best as I recall, while
there are quite a few things in v7 that aren't in v6, there isn't
anything in v6 that's not in v7 and only a couple things that are
randomly incompatible, and only in minor ways.

At least in the instruction set, and if you aren't trying to use
thumb. I'm less certain about control registers.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost