Re: openssl3?

* On 2022-07-12 at 15:19 BST, Thomas Klausner wrote:

On Mon, Jul 11, 2022 at 08:16:53PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:

Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> Does anyone have a plan on how to integrate openssl3 in pkgsrc?

no.

I had hoped e.g. Jonathan would have a plan already :)

I did some test builds with OpenSSL 3 last year, hoping that I could use it for our 2021Q4 LTS branch, but it was clear that there was too much software that was incompatible so I shelved that idea until upstreams could sort themselves out.

I'd like to see it for 2022Q4 LTS, so will probably do the same again in a few months. I'm likely to just replace security/openssl rather than trying to support multiple versions.