Re: Math/R package fix

Am Thu, 17 Feb 2022 15:21:15 -0500
schrieb Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost>:

> I am slightly fuzzy on this, but I see -R as the traditional way, which
> works most places, and -rpath as the new way.

Yes, -Wl,-R/path is perfectly fine. -rpath[space]/path or -rpath=/path
is an alterantive, but I do prefer -R for the symmetry to -L.

I'm not sure -rpath is accepted everywhere if -R isn't. It's the
preferred way of GNU ld, but it added -R support to be compatible. Is
it a given fact that -R doesn't work on MacOS? And we notice this just
now?

Alrighty then,

Thomas

--