Re: infrastructure change needed for python modules

Niclas Rosenvik <nros%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:

> I don't really know how long you have come with this.
> But I have an idea for wheel.mk . Allow pkgsrc to download
> and extract platform independent wheels. These have filenames

That sounds ok for building -bin variants of python packages.  We've
long had the idea that package builds should be from source, unless
noted.  As I remember someone crankily saying something like this
earlier: This is pkgsrc.  If I want pkgbin, I know where to find that.

I don't mean to say that I think we shouldn't add support for this, just
that the overall situation about source vs not needs some thought.