Re: sqlite3 extensions again

Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> writes:

> On Thu, Sep 02, 2021 at 11:01:21AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> Objections?  Comments?  Am I missing something and there's a reason it
>> is how it is?
>
> I also think it should just be enabled (but also in base).
>
> However, SQLite documentation claims it is not compiled in by default
> (needs -DSQLITE_ENABLE_RTREE=1).

My impression, not entirely well grounded, is that sqlite3 has two
separate builds, one with configure that has things on by default, and
is more or less normal, and something with everything in one file* that
needs defines, for embedding in other programs.  NetBSD's build is more
like the embedded version, with defines in Makefile.inc.

* This seeems to be ehe "amalgamation", confusingly named given sqlite's
  use of Fossil rather than Mercurial.

That aside, I lean to having sqlite3 in base having options enabled that
would be enable by a simple ./configure, absent some reason (which
should be articulated in Makefile.inc).

Can anyone explain how to run a sqlite3 command to list the enabled
modules?