Re: Bulk builds do not run on NetBSD 9.2

* On 2021-08-13 at 00:06 BST, Greg Troxel wrote:

Speculation without having checked on my part, but pkgin may encoded PKG_DBDIR from its build environment and then force that for use by pkg_add, at least when there is no PKG_DBDIR set on the system.

Nowadays pkgin gets it from running "pkg_admin config-var PKG_DBDIR" at runtime. The default path to pkg_admin is hardcoded at build time, but can be overridden with the PKG_INSTALL_DIR environment variable.

These were changes I made a few years ago in order to support a test suite, so pkgin can use any arbitrary pkg_install installation.