Re: Bulk builds do not run on NetBSD 9.2

On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 02:17:20PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> That's sort of true, but as I see it there are two reasonable setups:
>
>   1) base system does not have *any* support for pkgsrc, and you unpack a
>   bootstrap kit which is self consistent
>
>   2) base system has pkgsrc tools that are configured the same way as
>   standard builds, so that base tools and standard build tools work
>   together

So far I have heard two arguments for why NetBSD is doing (2), even
ignoring the classic "It has always been that way":

1) Hope that syspkgs becomes a reality.
2) Because pkgsrc must be special on NetBSD.

Neither argument is good and I'd strongly argue that the second one has
even created more harm than good both for NetBSD and pkgsrc.

Joerg