Re: Bulk builds do not run on NetBSD 9.2

On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 11:52:00AM +0000, nia wrote:
> > It still seems needed to me.   My view is more or less (and I think this
> > is all #if NetBSD):
>
> >   - a system with /var/db/pkg that is not explicitly configured to use
> >     it (mk.conf and pkg_install.conf both) is misconfigured
>
> This means NetBSD is misconfigured by default :/

Hey, I have an idea ...

couldn't each repo of binary pkgs (for NetBSD) come with a x509
certificate chain and some config files to drop into the empty system
(or merge if reasonable) that configure pkgs for the PREFIX used and
set up proper PKGDB config?

And then make the bin pkgs signed (with a certificate in that chain
and the other end of the chain being a master NetBSD bin pkg
certificate, pre-installed with the NetBSD distribution).

We just need to agree on a name and contents for that info and then have
a script that gets things going before the first binary pkg is added.

Martin