Re: gettext vs vlc

On Fri, Jun 04, 2021 at 02:22:27PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 04, 2021 at 02:18:38PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> > I looked at other packages, and some of them deal with it by removing
> > this extra check from the configure script. This is hard in this case,
> > because we run autoreconf in pre-configure.
>
> Can we just sed it out of the result right after running autoreconf?

I just did that, thanks for the idea.

As for upstreaming, not sure how to do that.

autotools use gettext.m4 for detecting libintl. That is part of the
gettext distribution which also provides libintl. I'm not sure how
willing they would be to accept a patch for their library that accepts
another library as a full replacement (where one probably can find
lots of minor or perhaps major features that NetBSD's libintl does not
support but gettext libintl does).
 Thomas