Re: Intent to remove: wm/quartz-wm

Edgar Fuß <ef%math.uni-bonn.de@localhost> writes:

>> Folks, please try the latest wm/quartz-wm on any and all macOS versions you’ve got to hand.
> Builds on macOS 11.1 (Darwin 20.2.0)/arm64. Thanks.

I just built meta-pkgs/modular-xorg on macOS 10.13 x86_64.   That
completed successfully, including quartz-wm and modular-xorg-quartz.   I
can run the server, and glxgears gets about 60 FPS.

(In my view, 10.13 is the oldest version that makes sense these days.
If people want to make 10.11 work, I wish them luck, but my personal
floor for paying attention is 10.13.)

How do people start the server?  Just run it and export DISPLAY in a
terminal?  Something fancier with launchctl?  Via xdm somehow, but that
doesn't seem right as this is a secondary server.