Re: Intent to remove: wm/quartz-wm

* On 2020-12-30 at 14:19 GMT, Benny Siegert wrote:

> In http://gnats.netbsd.org/55880, someone tried to build quartz-wm on
> Apple Silicon and found out it doesn't work. Upstream has been dead
> for several years, and they state:  "The functionality
> provided by this binary has been merged into libXplugin on newer
> versions of OS X." (This was in 2015!)

That paragraph is talking about a small binary-only portion that was
since merged into libXplugin, not the whole program.

I'm also uncomfortable with projects being declared dead just because
they haven't updated in a while.  Sometimes things work fine and don't
need constant changes.

> Thus, it no longer seems useful to have a quartz-wm package.

This doesn't follow.  What do you propose we use instead?

Seems to me like we should just fix the problem.