Re: Adding ninja to tools framework

16 October 2020, 03:25:35, by "Michael Forney" <mforney%mforney.org@localhost>:

> I'd like to add ninja to mk/tools. This would allow systems to
> supply their own version rather than pulling in the one from pkgsrc.
> Additionally, it would open up the possibility to swap ninja out
> for an alternative implementation such as samurai in the future.

Please see if any parts of PATCH v2 in my PR 55027 thread are useful to
supplement your suggestion.

Meson puts ninja-build in BUILD_DEPENDS. I changed that to USE_TOOLS, and had
used samurai system-wide, until the ninja-build upstream merged my musl patch
and pkgsrc updated to that version.

http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=55027