Re: the nature of pkgsrc support for OS versions (release vs stable)

So here's what I know about the rust issue:
with pkgsrc-2020Q1, on a amd64 9.0_STABLE build host (binaries from Sun Feb 23,
I don't know the sources data), rust used to fail to build with MAKE_JOBS=4,
as in
http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/reports/2020Q1/NetBSD-9.0-x86_64/20200429.2345/rust-1.42.0nb1/build.log

After enforcing MAKE_JOBS=1 in /etc/mk.conf for rust, the package did build.

This looks like a race condition to me.

rust did build on 9.0_STABLE/i386 (from the same sources) with MAKE_JOBS=3
8.0 didn't show rust build failures either.

On amd64 hosts the builds are done in a tmpfs. On i386 it is ffs.

Don't ask me to test different settings, I can't.