Re: Please help to fix outdated SUBST blocks

Roland Illig <roland.illig%gmx.de@localhost> writes:

> I just added a CHECK_PORTABILITY_EXPERIMENTAL, which obviously defaults
> to "no".
>
> This means that in the default configuration, even with
> PKG_DEVELOPER=yes, there will be no further breakage from potential
> shell portability problems in configure.in and similar files.

Thanks very much for doing that and doing it so quickly.  I have set
that to yes in the mk.conf on the machine where I do most pkgsrc work,
so that will lead me to fix things as I find them.  (Most of the
packages I've built are already fixed, some by me and many by others.)

I think part of the issue here is that we have come to see PKG_DEVELOPER
checks as mature and hence suitable for bulk builds.    I think that's
fair - this really feels like turning up warning levels over time.

I am assuming that the experimental checks will be promoted to normal,
more or less individually, as we believe that they are almost entirely
addressed.  At least that's what I meant to suggest.