Re: Letting gtk3 depend on adwaita-icon-theme

On Sun, 16 Feb 2020 at 17:05:09 -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> voidpin <voidpin%protonmail.com@localhost> writes:
>
> > I don't have adwaita-icon-theme installed and all my gtk3-
> applications
> > work just fine. One needs an icon-theme, yes but, not necessarily
> > adwaita.
>
> So you are saying that many gk3-using applications work totally fine
> when there is no icon-theme package at all installed?  That sounds
> different from what I heard earlier from others (which is not an
> accusation that you are wrong, simply an observation that we have
> inconsistent information).

Certain packages are effectively unusable without an icon theme
installed, e.g. gedit (the 3.x series), because by design they only
offer graphical icons for fundamental menu options. I can't say how
prevalent that is, though, because I always make sure I have Adwaita
installed to avoid that problem.

Dave