Re: builtin vs pkgsrc libepoxy - Undefined PLT symbol "epoxy_has_glx"

David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> writes:

> I'm building with X11_TYPE=modular. So pkgsrc libgdk-3 builds against
> pkgsrc libepoxy but at runtime picks up base libepoxy (they are both named
> libepoxy.so.0.0.0.
>
> This fails at runtime with
>
> /usr/pkg/lib/libgdk-3.so.0: Undefined PLT symbol "epoxy_has_glx" (symnum =
> 65)
>
> I'm building pkgsrc on NetBSD-8 with most everything overridden to use
> pkgsrc gcc6, so that might be an additional factor, but I think this should
> be reproducible with just X11_TYPE=modular
>
> Setting LD_PRELOAD=/usr/pkg/lib/libepoxy.so.0 gets apps to start.
>
> Should pkgsrc libepoxy have a different so version?

Probably not, but this is hard to get right.

With X11_TYPE=modular, arguably there should be no -L/-R for
/usr/X11R7/lib.  And probably /usr/pkg/lib should come first.

So to me the question is why libgdk-3 has RPATH of /usr/X11R7/lib.