Re: PLIST issue with cmake and ncurses

On Tue, 31 Jul 2018, at 10:07, David Brownlee wrote:
> Would it make sense to add an options.mk with ccmake feature,
> defaulting to off, so people can get whichever behaviour they need?
>
> On that front I'd be inclined to add an explicit --{no-,}ccmake entry
> to the bootstrap configure script analogous to --{no-,}qt-gui

In this particular case, I'd say not.  I haven't heard anyone object to
ccmake itself, we're just objecting to 'make package' failing
(sometimes).  If we add the option, we still have to figure out how to
build the package reliably when the ccmake feature is enabled, and at
that point one may as well just build ccmake all the time (avoiding
surprises for people who use binary packages).  The only reason I
suggested omitting ccmake was to avoid having to fix CMake's
autodetection logic.

Short version: I don't know of any reason to omit ccmake other than to
simplify package maintenance, and making ccmake optional does not
simplify package maintenance.

-- IDL