Re: airprint patches for cups

> But if you want cups to listen only on one interface then you need more
> control on what <host>.local resolves to. With mdnsd you have almost
> no control, but you can force avahi to announce a specific IP address
> for <host>.local.
There seems to be a mis-conception here which I used to share back in the day:
The Server Name announced by cupsd doesn't need to resolve through MDNS.
You can (I have a local patch but guess something similar has been
incorporated upstream now) tell cupsd which hostname to announce via
mdnsd/avahi on MDNS queries, and that name can resolve through traditional,
static, DNS.