Re: airprint patches for cups

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 03:44:21PM +0200, Edgar Fuß wrote:
> I have a different patch (attached) in production for years.
> It was some trouble to get the MDNS-SD part working (CUPS announcing a server name that wouldn't resolve, mdnsd announcing a link-local address cupsd was not listening on), but in the end, it worked.

Heh, that's why I have to use avahi and not mdnsd. If you let cups
listening on '*' it works just fine (mdsnd announce <host>.local on local
subnets, and returns the right IP address on the right subnet).
But if you want cups to listen only on one interface then you need more
control on what <host>.local resolves to. With mdnsd you have almost
no control, but you can force avahi to announce a specific IP address
for <host>.local.