Re: gtk3 and cups

Hello Greg,

There were only a couple of emails on pkgsrc-changes@. :)

> What do people think?  Some people seem to think cups is necessary, and
> some people seem to hate it and banish it from their systems.
>
> (I don't really understand why a graphics toolkit needs to deal with
> printing, but I'm guessing there is some print widget included.)

AFAICS all packages that have a `cups' option have it disabled by
default and gtk3 is the only exception.

I would prefer that also gtk3 has it disabled in order to avoid a
dependency to cups-base for every gtk3 users and be consistent with
other packages in pkgsrc. Actually it is also possible to print
using cups also *without* having the `cups' option enabled for gtk3
if the lpr picked up is the one provided by cups (e.g. /usr/pkg/bin/lpr).
And, IMHO, that's another reason to avoid forcing that.

(Yes, there is a widget that can be showed via
`gtk3-demo --run=printing' and it's present in several GTK3
applications).