Re: pkgsrc patches for Darwin 17.3.0

> On Mar 29, 2018, at 12:01 PM, Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 10:52:05AM -0600, Brook Milligan wrote:
>>> There it was suggested that xsltproc should not be fetching any
>>> resources from the Internet, and instead it should use the resources
>>> from the locally installed catalogs.  Then you suggested a patch that
>>> replaced a URL for docbook.xsl with a local file path under PREFIX.  And
>>> then joerg@ suggested that even that shouldn't be necessary and that the
>>> catalog should contain the mapping from the URL to the local file and
>>> everything should just work.  It was suggested that the catalog might be
>>> corrupt or that the catalog is incorrect.  The thread seems to end with
>>> no resolution.  Is this the same problem?
>>
>> Yes, it is the same problem.
>
> Let's start with a simple question then: is it using the correct
> xsltproc? Just wondering if Apple installs one in /usr/bin or so...

Good question.  Judging from the error message that I quoted in the earlier email, it is using xlstproc from pkgsrc.  Here it is again:

/Users/brook/pkg-current/bin/xsltproc -nonet http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl polkit-auth.xml
I/O error : Attempt to load network entity http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl

Cheers,
Brook