Re: CHECK_PORTABILITY_SKIP and ~ files

On Jan 14, 11:37am, Greg Troxel wrote:
}
} I am checking an rc of a package, and found a new bashism had crept in,
} from check-portability.awk finding "test ==".  To make progress on
} testing, I edited configure after unpacking, and that left configure.~1~
} with "test ==", which then failed.
}
}   ERROR: [check-portability.awk] configure.~1~: if test
}   "x$with_interrupt_tests" == "xno"; then
}
} I don't know if the right answer* is:
}
}   I should have made a proper patch and check-portability knows to skip
}   .orig files.

     I would say this is the correct answer as it is likely that
you would have had to create a patch eventually anyways.  If you
skip the step of making a proper patch and just edit the file, it
would be awfully easy to forget to go back and create a proper
patch before committing the package.

}   we should omit ~ files from check-portability tests
}
} but this surprised me so I thought I'd mention it.
}
} * Obviously the right answer is that everybody else should use test
}   correctly every single time, but that's unlikely.
}
}-- End of excerpt from Greg Troxel