Re: science category

On 04/14/17 12:14, Alistair Crooks wrote:
In the past, we've said that we need to get a critical mass of
packages in a certain (notional) category before we made that new
category, and left the stipulation of critical mass until a later
date. Which has kinda worked well, and has prevented us from some
churn, which a lot of people dislike.

So firstly, what packages specifically are you thinking of for this
new category?

And, probably more importantly, "science" is too generic a name for
me. Computing science, for instance, bears little relation to fluid
dynamics, or molecular modeling, or forensic science, or anything
else. Would you care to refine your category suggestion a bit, please?

Thirdly, who actually cares about the category? If ever I want to find
a package, then a search with pkgsrc.se is what I'll use, and that
usually forgives typos and case sensitivity.

Best,
Alistair