science category

I would like to request the addition of a science category to pkgsrc.

We have developed and are developing a number of scientific packages that do not fit well into math, biology, or geography.

They include things like computational fluid dynamics and molecular modeling, which are used across multiple disciplines such as engineering, physics, and chemistry.

Trying to create more specific categories would result in a large number of categories with very few packages in each, as well as arguments about where specific packages belong.

I think a science category would provide a good home for many packages until the day arrives that there is justification to create more specific categories for some of them.

Thanks,

    Jason

--
Earth is a beta site.