Re: [joerg%bec.de@localhost: Re: Drop imaging support from reportlab]

On 2017-03-15 02:18 PM, Thomas Klausner wrote:
On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 02:15:10PM -0400, D'Arcy Cain wrote:
That's sort of my suggestion except I suggested adding a new variable
(PREFER_PILLOW?) that we can test for and only have one dependency.

We have the options framework for this kind of choices, please use it.

I thought that the options framework was for specific packages. This is meant to be a more global option. We can't add it to Pillow or imaging because it controls which of those we depend on in the first place. We could add it to reportlab but if they want it for that I would think that they wanted it for anything that uses it.

Maybe imaging needs to be a meta package that has the option to depend on Pillow (default) or imaging_old. Then we can simply depend on imaging in other packages.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/ IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost