Re: [joerg%bec.de@localhost: Re: Drop imaging support from reportlab]

On 2017-03-15 01:51 PM, Greg Troxel wrote:
If it would be acceptable to add Pillow only for 36 and omit for 27, I
wonder about having a conditional dependency based on the python
version.

That's sort of my suggestion except I suggested adding a new variable (PREFER_PILLOW?) that we can test for and only have one dependency.

.if defined(PREFER_PILLOW)
  DEPENDS+=     ${PYPKGPREFIX}-Pillow-[0-9]*:../../graphics/py-Pillow
.else
  DEPENDS+=     ${PYPKGPREFIX}-imaging-[0-9]*}:../../graphics/py-imaging

Although I wonder if the default shouldn't be Pillow so "PREFER_IMAGING" instead.

But, I also wonder if we're arriving at a time in the python world where
some things are 3x only and some things are 27 only, and you just can't
win.

I don't think we are there yet. It's fine for standalone programs but if it is a dependency like Pillow is we need to allow both.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/ IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost