Re: Rewriting pkglint in a portable language

On Mar 28,  9:26am, coypu%SDF.ORG@localhost wrote:
}
} Hi, this discussion is bothering me.
}
} It's very unrealistic for all packages to build with ancient GCC
} versions. The rest of the world uses new features. They are done so
} people can use them.
}
} I'm grateful for pkglint's existence, and I would be even if I was
} unable to use the newer version.
} I feel it is rude to ask Roland to rewrite pkglint, it is a lot of work.
}
} It'll be nice, but please - if this problem is actually affecting you,
} try gccgo.

     pkglint is pretty much basic infrastructure.  It's one thing
when some random package doesn't work on some random system.
However, anything that is basic infrastructure should be fully
usable anywhere pkgsrc is usable.

}-- End of excerpt from coypu%SDF.ORG@localhost