Re: Rewriting pkglint in a portable language

coypu%SDF.ORG@localhost writes:

> Hi, this discussion is bothering me.
>
> It's very unrealistic for all packages to build with ancient GCC
> versions. The rest of the world uses new features. They are done so
> people can use them.

It is not about ancient GCC.   There is no way in pkgsrc, currently, to
build go on anything other than i386, amd64, and arm, and it seems in
addition to that restriction not on Solaris.

If it were just that one needed gcc 4.5 and OS suport for thread-local
storage, we wouldn't be having this discussion.