Re: Rewriting pkglint in a portable language

On Sun, 3 Apr 2016 18:40:58 +0200
Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 03, 2016 at 05:51:51PM +0200, Benny Siegert wrote:
>
> > There is a clear policy for adding more architectures, see
> > https://github.com/golang/go/wiki/PortingPolicy.
>
> Very clear - what does "CLs" mean?

Ah, sorry. A CL is a changelist, as in a commit that is reviewed and then committed.

> > Note that upstream also supports arm64, ppc64, ppc64le, mips64 and
> > mips64le. But none of these are supported on NetBSD, IIRC.
>
> aarch64 (what you call arm64) is work in progress, the others are suported
> to some extend.

What Go calls arm64.

> So does pkglint work with gccgo?

Probably. The point is that no one has tried, and we don't have any infrastructure in pkgsrc to support gccgo instead of the go toolchain.

--
Benny Siegert <bsiegert%gmail.com@localhost>