Re: Rewriting pkglint in a portable language

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 09:21:55PM +0000, Alexander Nasonov wrote:
> Roland Illig wrote:
> > For benchmarking the speed, I wrote a recursive grep in Go, Vala, Genie
> > and Nim, and compared that to the native grep. I chose this simple task

It's worth to mention that Nim has, probably, highest level
of portability from mentioned above due to possibility to create
C code for intermediate step. Compiling Nim on NetBSD requires
single "make" (to be honest: single "build.sh").

There is also support for cross-compilation, although I never tried.

1 - http://nim-lang.org/
2 - http://nim-lang.org/docs/nimc.html#cross-compilation

--
Piotr 'aniou' Meyer